Skip to Main Content
Chicken Pot Pie
Pot pie topper is easier with bread cubes from sourdough and cornbread to challah so no crust-crimping. Quicker with packaged soup, pre-cut veggies. Heartier with pre-baked chicken, sautéed mushrooms.
- 12 ounces condensed cream-of-chicken soup
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ¾ cup sautéed sliced button mushrooms
- ¾ cup cauliflower “rice”
- 2½ cups diced (skinned) rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups 1-inch-cubed bread of choice
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Dried rosemary & thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Add the soup to a medium mixing bowl
- Stir in the half-and-half.
- Add the veggies.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Stir in cauliflower "rice".
- Fold in the chicken.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the cheese.
- Transfer filling into a 9-inch pie pan with Teflon™ nonstick coating; set aside.
- Mix bread with melted butter.
- Add herbs overtop, tossing with the bread.
- Arrange bread cubes over filling, covering completely.
- Bake 15 minutes or until bread is golden brown
- Rest 5 minutes before digging in and serving.