Try this easy twist on a favorite pasta dish which cooks on top of the stove.
- 3 ounces chopped pancetta (or bacon)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 cups canned whole tomatoes, pureed
- 2 sprigs of fresh and 2 tablespoons of minced rosemary
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 12 ounces (1 ½ cups) whipped cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped (baby) spinach
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ cup shredded Fontina or Swiss cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella
- 3 ounces (4-5 med. mushrooms), finely chopped (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 pound (18) boiled and cooled lasagna noodles (no-bake noodles won't work with this recipe)
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Sauté pancetta 4 minutes over medium heat in a wide-bottomed Dutch oven with Teflon™ nonstick coating; add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add tomatoes and rosemary; cook on medium-low covered 30 minutes; remove rosemary sprigs.
- Combine cream cheese, spinach, Parmesan, Fontina (or Swiss) cheese, ⅓ cup of the Mozzarella, mushrooms, and the egg in a small bowl.
- Spread noodles evenly with cheese mix, layer of sauce and a little chopped parsley.
- Roll noodles starting with one short end.
- Stand upright in pan and spoon more sauce over the top of each roll. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan and remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes on medium low or until heated through. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve.