The pudding mix makes the cookies softer. Chilled dough keeps cookies loftier; won’t spread as flat during baking. Adding food coloring (of choice) is an option.
Pistachio Chocolate Mint Pudding Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temp
- ¾ light cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box pistachio (or vanilla) pudding mix
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter 10-12 seconds on medium. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and airy, 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and mint extract.
- Add 15 tiny drops green food coloring.
- Turn in the pudding mix with the flour and baking soda, beating just enough to combine. Remove bowl from mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- No prep needed for 2 cookie sheet pans coated with Teflon™ nonstick. Drop generous tablespoons dough 2 inches apart.
- Cover cookie dough mounds with waxed paper. Chill in fridge at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove pans from fridge; discard waxed paper.
- Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes; just as edges start to brown.
- Sit on wire rack 4 minutes before sliding cookies from pan to cool on open rack.