Our way to cook steak is fearless. The nonstick pan browns up and deglazes a tasty herbal pan sauce, searing the meat over medium heat—the healthier temperature for cooking anything. Finally, for the cleanup, the pan practically cleans itself!
- 1½ pounds bratwurst links
- Handful fresh parsley
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large Fuji or other crisp red apple
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon hot pepper jelly
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 4-6 pretzel rolls of size & choice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut bratwurst into ½-inch slices; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- In a medium skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating, brown sausage over medium heat; pour out excess grease.
- Deglaze pan with ½ cup of the cider, cooking to reduce by half. Remove from pan.
- Melt the butter in same pan.
- Add onions to the pan.
- Cut apples into a ½-inch dice and add to pan; sauté until lightly browned and return sausage to pan.
- Blend remaining cider with the syrup, jelly, and mustard; add to pan and cook a few minutes to glaze over sausage.
- Fill rolls; sprinkle with cheese and serve.