A splash of butter gives the orzo a sweet, nutty flavor; broth plumps it tender. Add sunflower seed or other sprouts for a little extra taste and nutrition.
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- ¾ cup finely chopped sweet onions
- 2½ cups veggie broth
- 2 cups cooked sugar snap peas, diced
- Salt & pepper
- Sunflower seed sprouts, optional
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 10-inch skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Stir in the orzo.
- When pasta begins to turn color and is popping, add the onions.
- Cook orzo until it turns medium brown.
- Pour in the broth and peas; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil gently 12-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid absorbed.
- Top with the sprouts. Serve warm or cold.